New heater for St Matthew's, 1898

A meeting of the vestry of St Matthew's Church, Masterton, took place last evening when it was decided that the east door of the Church should be made proof against draughts. Messrs R. T. Holmes, F. G. Moore and the Vicar were appointed a committee to arrange for the purchase of a gas stove for warming the church and decide upon the place where the stove shall be fixed. Other routine business was transacted.

 

Wairarapa Daily Times, 5 July 1898